• New York City becomes MSC Cruises’ third homeport in the U.S., marking the first time the line will offer year-round sailings from this popular U.S destination
Geneva, Switzerland, 20 April 2023 – MSC Meraviglia – MSC Cruises’ award-winning Meraviglia Class ship arrived at her new homeport in New York City at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. The arrival of the ship marks the first time MSC Cruises has deployed a ship in New York operating year-round sailings. This further strengthens MSC Cruises’ presence in the North American market and is part of the line’s commitment to growth to offer more embarkation ports in the U.S, complementing the rich choice of ships and itineraries sailing from both PortMiami and Port Canaveral/Orlando in Florida.
New York offers incredible flight connections for international guests and for those that want to make the most of the Big Apple, MSC Cruises offers “Stay & Cruise” packages with an option to stay up to three nights in New York City prior to setting sail. A selection of hotel options is available including the Hotel Riu Plaza Manhattan, Hotel Riu Plaza Times Square and the Park Central Hotel. As part of the package guests can enjoy a complimentary guided tour through Manhattan and its landmarks prior to embarking on the ship. Rounding off the comprehensive offer, staff at the hotel are available to book other excursions, from a standard “city tour” to a special “evening” excursion.
MSC Meraviglia’s mix of itineraries, ranging from 6-to 11-nights, were strategically designed to take advantage of New York’s geographic flexibility, so that guests can soak up the sun in the Caribbean during the spring and winter seasons, head to Bermuda during the summer or go north to see Canada’s natural beauty in the autumn.
Itineraries from New York on MSC Meraviglia include:
- The Bahama and Florida – Tropical 7- to 11-night sailings with a selection of destinations including Miami and Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, The Bahamas; Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico.
- Bermuda – Starting in August, guests can enjoy 5- and 6-night sailings to Kings Wharf in Bermuda, with several days in port to explore the beauty of the island.
- Canada and New England – Just in time for the fall, MSC Meraviglia will offer 10- and 11-night itineraries calling at Newport, Boston and Portland in the U.S and Saint John, Halifax, Charlottetown, and Sydney in Canada.
About MSC Meraviglia
At 315 meters long and 65 meters tall, with an impressive 19 decks and capacity of up to 5,700 guests, MSC Meraviglia is a holiday destination in its own right - packed with innovative features to provide an unforgettable experience:
- 10 different types of cabins to choose from, including solo cabins, popular balcony cabins, and stylish accommodations in the MSC Yacht Club – the premium ‘ship within a ship’ featuring butler service, along with exclusive restaurant, lounge and pool areas.
- Galleria Meraviglia, a promenade lined with shops, restaurants and bars that stretches more than 90 metres and lined with an impressive LED sky screen.
- 20 bars and 12 restaurants, including the popular Butcher’s Cut steakhouse and Kaito Sushi and Teppanyaki.
- Indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, together with a water park and ropes course.
- Seven different shows in the 985-seat Broadway Theatre and the famous Carousel Lounge.
- The extensive MSC Aurea Spa, providing massage therapy, body treatments, facial treatments, and a dedicated thermal area.
- 557 square-meter gym featuring state-of-the-art equipment from Technogym™ framed with floor-to-ceiling glass windows, overlooking the main pool deck
- MSC Kids’ Club for children from 0-17 years old, with dedicated areas for babies, toddlers, children and teenagers, plus the Lego® Experience.
MSC Meraviglia is fitted with innovative technology and solutions to minimize her environmental footprint. These include an exhaust gas cleaning system for cleaner emissions; an advanced wastewater treatment system; smart heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems to recover heat from machinery spaces; and LED lighting and smart devices to significantly save energy. This is part of MSC Cruises’ commitment to provide its guests with the best holiday experiences at sea in a sustainable manner.