Geneva, Switzerland, 23 March 2023 – MSC Cruises is sure to dazzle and amaze guests aboard MSC Euribia, as new details of the new live entertainment offering are revealed. The exciting new flagship, set to begin sailing this June, will invite guests of all ages to create memories of a lifetime with an array of innovative and enriching entertainment experiences from round-the-clock.
This fifth ship in the Meraviglia Class will offer a host of activities and spaces to discover. MSC Cruises is renowned for entertainment that will suit the whole family, whether it be marvelling at the ship’s seven theatrical productions in the Delphi Theatre, partaking in a wide range of engaging games and activities, or dancing the night away to live music from one of the largest big bands at sea, there will be an abundance of different experiences for guests to discover on board this exciting ship.
Steve Leatham, MSC Cruises’ Global Head of Entertainment said, “We are so excited to announce our fun-filled entertainment offerings on our much-anticipated new flagship, MSC Euribia. Entertainment is a fundamental part of MSC Cruises’ guest experience and we’re always looking for new, engaging ways to delight our guests of all ages. We strive to create exceptional and immersive concepts combined with varied entertainment programs to ensure that our guests will remember their cruise as the ultimate holiday experience.”
THE CAROUSEL LOUNGE – REINVENTING A CLASSIC SPACE
The Carousel Lounge has been an iconic venue on the Meraviglia class since its inception, but MSC Euribia offers a reimagined space, with a brand-new layout, offering ever-more varied options to entertain. The stunning aft lounge will now extend outdoors, offering guests even more spectacular panoramic sea views in an incredible ambiance.
This multi-functional space features 1,020m2 of indoor and outdoor areas with two covered terraces, allowing guests to unwind while enjoying an array of gourmet snacks and drinks from morning to night. During the day, guests can sit back and relax or participate in a host of leisure activities, including table games and ballroom dancing. The party will begin as the sun goes down with a different style of live music each evening and weekly guest entertainers, offering a variety of music seven days a week.
BIG BAND AT SEA – ONE-OF-A-KIND ENTERTAINMENT
Also ready to wow in the Carousel Lounge is MSC Cruises’ newest entertainment concept, Big Band at Sea. The name says it all, as Big Band at Sea is set to be one of the largest bands at sea, with a spectacular nineteen-piece in-house group of internationally acclaimed musicians and singers. Every evening, guests can expect three dazzling live performances; each show transforming the venue with new themes based on different genres of music. Further adding to the thrilling performances, a host of visiting guest acts will join the band to perform one-off concerts to the delight of guests. From swing, jazz, rock orchestra, disco, musicals to celebrating everyone’s favourite divas, guests will be invited to some of the most impressive entertainment at sea.
SEVEN AWE-INSPIRING THEATRE SHOWS
MSC Cruises’ Delphi Theatre will offer a complete seven-day program of grand-scale stage shows for unparalleled entertainment. No two evenings will be alike, with featured regular guest entertainers to complement the incredible resident theatre casts, offering varied and unique performances.
- Circus 1920: A nostalgic look back into the magical world of the circus, featuring extraordinary death-defying specialty performers. The show will be led by a captivating ringmaster and include fun dance routines, vintage costumes and incredible stage sets, all designed to mimic a bygone era while embracing modern skills and talent.
- Generation Rock: Classic feel-good rock! Guests will be taken on a journey through generations of the greatest rock bands and artists of all time, including hits from legends like AC/DC, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Kiss, Journey & Queen.
- Illuminicity: The best arcade game on the block. MSC Cruises’ most technical show yet will be set inside a video game, featuring a terrific cast with fantastic light-up costumes, sceneries and interactive visuals to create an awe-inspiring visual extravaganza on stage.
- Jukebox L!ve: Showcasing the finest vocalists in a show all about Funk, Soul and Rock n’ Roll, this show draws inspiration from the full pop spectrum and is set in a fictional Vegas showroom. Audiences will know every word of each song and be encouraged to join in to sing the hits performed in a contemporary style!
- Song Book – Ed Sheeran: Celebrating the life of Ed Sheeran, who started as a street busker and went on to sell out Wembley Stadium, the show will follow the ship’s own team of buskers as they journey to stardom. Guests can expect reimagined arrangements, commercial choreography, sensational acrobatic dance, living statues as well as hand balance artists, bringing the genre of street performers to the big stage accompanied by a playlist of Sheeran’s hits.
- Variety: A spectacular show featuring guest entertainers, musicians, acrobats and a resident cast, the ship’s incredible talent is showcased in a show that will adapt and change according to each destination in which the ship sails, the audience and time of year.
- Guest Entertainers: Featuring top-level talent selected from around the world to perform one-off unique performances.