Geneva, Switzerland – August 31 2022 – MSC Cruises continues on a path of innovation, today announcing details of the technologically advanced onboard entertainment options on the line’s upcoming ship, MSC Seascape. When she debuts this December, MSC Seascape will feature new and innovative experiences for thrill-seeking guests of all ages. The highlight will be ROBOTRON – a thrilling amusement ride that offers the breath-taking thrill of a rollercoaster at sea combined with a personalized DJ music experience. The ship will also feature two brand-new VR experiences and a whole host of other exhilarating high-tech entertainment designed to be enjoyed by thrill-seekers of all ages.
Brandon Briggs, SVP Onboard Revenues at MSC Cruises, said: "We are excited to provide guests with endless high-tech entertainment options on board MSC Seascape to meet the desires of adrenaline-seekers looking to experience the latest thrills. ROBOTRON, the first-ever robotic amusement ride to appear on a cruise ship, will create a new standard of fun with an immersive, customized ride experience, unique to each rider. Our additional entertainment options with elements of virtual reality, special effects and simulators will ensure unforgettable experiences that leave guests in awe.”
MSC Cruises is a leader in designing new and innovative experiences and the bar has been raised on MSC Seascape. ROBOTRON is a state-of-the-art robotic arm with an attached gondola that seats three guests - flying them 53 meters above the sea. Riders will have an unobstructed 360° view of the horizon as they hang over the edge of the deck, twist and turn upside down in different directions, and flip upside down.
ROBOTRON will offer a personalized DJ experience where guests are invited to curate their musical journey with colors, music preferences and more. Original theming sets the stage for a pulse-pounding DJ experience. Seated on the mixer, guests will find themselves behind the DJ booth, with the rhythm and bass visualized as colorful patterns, pulses of light and people dancing on a giant video screen all while the robotic arm is bouncing and twisting in tempo. Riders can also select their thrill level, making ROBOTRON both a family-friendly and high-thrill experience
In addition to ROBOTRON, other high-tech entertainment features on board MSC Seascape include:
- VR 360° Flight Simulator: With all the thrills of an outdoor rollercoaster, this immersive simulator is the ultimate virtual roller coaster experience, complete with VR headsets and impressive special effects. Guests may choose from various worlds in which to dive into a thrill ride like no other.
- VR motorbikes: Guests with a need for speed will love MSC Seascape’s new VR motorbikes, where players will feel transported into the racing ring, with wind and water effects to complete the experience.
- MSC Formula Racer: Perfect for car racing enthusiasts ready to get their high-speed fix, this activity will place guests in the driver’s seat for a thrilling racing simulation game with realistic effects that will get guests’ heart rates going.
- Immersive XD Cinema: The minute guests put on their 3D glasses, they will dive into alternate worlds through this immersive activity, where players will battle it out against zombies, skeletons and more. Only one player can be crowned the victor, so guests will need to prove their sharp-shooting skills against each other for ultimate bragging rights.
MSC Seascape will be launched in New York at a glittering Naming Ceremony on 7 December this year and will then move to PortMiami offering incredible cruises in the Caribbean year-round, with two different itineraries:
- Eastern Caribbean: Calling at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve and Nassau in The Bahamas, San Juan in Puerto Rico, and Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic
- Western Caribbean: Calling at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, Cozumel in Mexico, George Town in the Cayman Islands and Ocho Rios in Jamaica
Ahead of her spectacular Naming Ceremony, MSC Seascape will offer a once-in-a-lifetime experience on her inaugural cruise from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy, across the Atlantic to New York City, USA.
This 17-night Grand Voyage will take in the Spanish cities of Barcelona, Valencia and Cadiz, before heading out into the Atlantic to begin her crossing. Funchal, Madeira and King's Wharf, Bermuda act as exciting stopovers en route to New York, the city that never sleeps.
Guests wishing to experience this extra-special cruise and be the first to sail on board MSC Seascape can book now, with prices starting at CA$1,011. For more information about MSC Seascape’s inaugural voyage please visit here.
Find out more about MSC Seascape’s itineraries here
For more information about MSC Seascape, please click here